Masaki Ito is a research associate at Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan. Masaki received his Ph.D. from Keio University in March, 2009. He is specializing in ubiquitous computing and Geographic Information Systems, and is exploring to make a completely new computer mapping system that will make an innovative change in our daily-life.
Ubiquitous computing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), human-computer interaction, social acceptance of technologies, system software.
- NEWS EVENT COMING UP: Feb 12, 2016 "Transportation-Geomedia Summit: IT + Public Transportation in 2020 and Boyond" at The University of Tokyo at Komaba II.The future of transportation and IT will be explored and discussed. Guest speakers from navigation system companies, city bus companies, Ministry of National Land and Transportation, and more. Anyone interested, make a reservation through the above link. No admission charge. Seats are flling up fast.
- NEWS JAN 23 Presented "The New Local Public Transport Navigation Service Presented by Tottori University" at The Eighth Geomedia Summit. Here are the powerpoint slides and video of my presentation．
- NEWS DEC 10 Gave a lecture "Smartphone: Its Technology and Future Outlook" in a series of seminor at Organization for Tottori Industrial Promotion. You can see the ppt presentation and also download the pdf from the link.
- NEWS NOV 12 Gave a presentation "The Public Transportation Route Find Service Expanded by Smartphones from Tottori" at FOSS4G 2011 Osaka.
- NEWS NOV 11 Gave a Presentation "Bus-net: City Bus Route Find System Developed and Operated by Tottori University" at The University of Tokyo Center for Spatial Information Science symposium CSIS DAYS 2011.
- NEWS OCT 22 Participated in The 62nd Chugoku Region Electrical and Computer Related Science and Engineering Associations (Japanese website).
- NEWS SEP 23 Gave a lecture "Until Technologies are Applied in the Society: The Study of Ubiquitous Computing and Its Application" in a series of seminor "Tottori University's Study: The Intellectual Front Line" (Japanese website).
- NEWS SEP 17-21 Gave a poster presentation "An Effective Tracking Technique of Public Transportation toward Passenger Generated Vehicle Location System" at Ubicomp 2011 in Beijing, China.
- NEWS SEP 8 & 16 Gave a presentation "Practical Application of the Environmental Monitoring with Sensor Network" at the Tottori University Business Networking Event. The event was held in Osaka on September 8，and in Tokyo on September 16.
- NEWS AUG 26-7 Had an exhibition at Tottori Industrial Festival (Japanese website).
- NEWS JUL 14-5 Gave a Poster Presentation at Japan Conference on Mobility Management (Japanese website) in Hachinohe, Aomori．
- NEWS JUN 11-2 Participated in the 273rd Human Geographical Society of Japan, which featured "The Structure of the Castle Town of Tottori and Modern Tottori City" and was held in Tottori. Live Twitter from the field workshop is here (Japanese)．
- NEWS JUN 4 Held a seminor "The New Form of Local Public Transportation from Tottori: The Information Technology Increasing the Use of Public Transportation" at Tottori University and gave a presentation "Enhancing the Convenience of Public Transportation with Information Technology" with Professor Kazunori Sugahara．Click the link to see the ppt "The Future Outlook of Bus-net: the System Approaching to and Learning from the User" (Japanese).
- NEWS MAY 24 Participated in the session "Social Media and Earth Planetary Science" at Japan Earth Planetary Science 2011 as a co-convener with Professor Takashi Oguchi of University of Tokyo and Professor Kazuo Amano of Ibaraki University and gave a poster presentation "The Formation of GIS Technology Information Exchange Community on Social Media"
- NEWS MAY 16 "Development of Human Tracking System with Mobile Agent Technology," "Practical Application of the Environmental Monitoring with Sensor Network," "The Distributed e-Learning System with Mobile Agent Technology," and "Development of City Bus Route Finder" were published in Tottori Daigaku Seeds Syu 2011 (Technology Seeds of Tottori University 2011).
- NEWS APR 15 "Chameleon: Seamless Integration of Multi-Interaction that Realizes Identification of Devices under Various Situations" was published in Journal of Information Processing Society of Japan.
- NEWS MAR 11 The workshop on GIS technology was called off due to the East Japan earthquake.
- NEWS FEB 13 Will hold the workshop on GIS technology on Friday, March 11 at 5:30 p.m. at The University of Tokyo (A convivial party will follow)．Guest speakers will be @wks，@_hfu_，and Mr. Satoru Takagi from KDDI (SVGMap) and they will speak about maps for HTML5．Anyone interested, come join us from here!-->http://atnd.org/events/12969
- NEWS NOV 5-6 Made a presentation on Bus-net at West Japan Geomedia Summit.
- NEWS OCT 23-24 Participated in the GIS Association of Japan 2010 annual conference.
- NEWS OCT 1 Appointed to the post of assistant professor Graduate School of Engineering (Computer Engineering Lab A/B) at Tottori University, Tottori Japan.
- NEWS SEP 21 Made a presentation titled "The Environmental Monitoring Project with Sensor Network Technology" at The Next Generation Industrial System Workshop of The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan in G-spatial Expo.
- NEWS SEP 20 Chaired the panel discussion of technical session at Geomedia Summit in G-spatial Expo.
- NEWS SEP 17 Mebius Sensor Project was introduced on SFC Clip.
- NEWS JUL 11 Participated in the event of drawing a horse over land with GPS technology in Umagome.
- NEWS JUNE 25 Held a workshop on GIS technology at The University of Tokyo Yayoi Campus. Thank you everyone! For people who missed the workshop, the slides and videos are here! --> http://www.niya.net/gis/program.html
- NEWS JUNE 3 Mebius Sensor Project was introduced on Programmazione.it, an Italian tec blog.
- NEWS JUNE 1 Mebius Sensor Project was introduced on ReadWriteWeb and dailywireless.org.
- NEWS MAY 28 Opened the website of a workshop on GIS technology! --> http://www.niya.net/gis/
- NEWS MAY 28 Student coworkers presented two papers on "Chameleon" at IPSJ the 26th SIGUBI.
- NEWS JAN 7 Mebius Sensor Project was introduced on Crossbow Official Blog